There’s no better way to show your love for someone than cooking them a dish from the heart in your own kitchen.
And with 7 of our signature dishes featuring Hollandaise Sauce, it is no secret that at Wild Honey we are lovers of Hollandaise Sauce and experts at making a dish that shines with it.
Here is our classic & easy Hollandaise Sauce recipe that turns the humble poached egg into a heavenly delight.
Originally given as an executive cooking class and shared with Epicure Asia, here is Wild Honey’s Hollandaise Sauce & Eggs Benedict recipe:
EASY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
- 3 egg yolks
- 300ml clarified butter
- few drops lemon juice
- few drops tabasco
- few drops Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce
- salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste
- garnish – French herbs, as needed
- Set a bowl atop a saucepan of simmering water.
- Add egg yolks into bowl and beat to a foamy consistency.
- Remove from heat and add clarified butter quickly.
- Whisk in lemon juice, tobasco, worcestershire sauce and season to taste.
- Garnish with French herbs.
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT POACHED EGG
Cook time 3 minutes
- 25ml distilled white wine vinegar
- ½ litre water
- 1 egg
- In a small pot, add white wine vinegar to water. Ensure there is at least 5cm of water from the base of the pot to water surface.
- Bring the temperature of liquid to approximately 75°C and drop egg in.
- Remove after 3 minutes and keep dry on kitchen towel.