There’s no better way to show your love for someone than cooking them a dish from the heart in your own kitchen.
And with 7 of our signature dishes featuring Hollandaise Sauce, it is no secret that at Wild Honey we are lovers of Hollandaise Sauce and experts at making a dish that shines with it.
Here is our classic & easy Hollandaise Sauce recipe that turns the humble poached egg into a heavenly delight.
Originally given as an executive cooking class and shared with Epicure Asia, here is Wild Honey’s Hollandaise Sauce & Eggs Benedict recipe:
EASY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE
A classic hollandaise is usually created by blending eggs with lemon juice however we prefer to add a white wine reduction and a bit of spice to add depth and liven it up.
Hollandaise is the traditional sauce for Eggs Benedict and it is what makes our eggs Benedict so perfect and addictive aside from the perfectly cooked poached eggs of course.
200 g unsalted butter
1/4 cup good quality white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water
A few black peppercorns
3 egg yolks
Juice half lemon
Splash of tabasco
Splash of Lea & Perrin sauce
Pinch Sea Salt Flakes
- Melt the butter slowly and allow to cool slightly.
- Place vinegar, water, bay leaves and back peppercorns in a small saucepan and reduce over heat until you are left with one tablespoon of liquid
- Transfer to a small bowl that fits snugly over a small saucepan filled halfway with hot water
- Add egg yolks and whisk well over medium heat until thick and foamy
- Whisk in butter a little at a time still over heat being careful the sauce doesn’t get too hot or it will split. When all the butter has been added, the sauce should be rich and creamy and coat the back of a spoon
- Add the Lemon Juice, Tabasco, Lea and Perrins & a pinch salt flakes to taste